I have an obsession with books. There. I said it. Whether I’m reading a book or writing one, I find a certain sense of peace and comfort I can never find elsewhere.
When I’m reading, I can shut out the world and immerse myself in a world where everything will be okay in the end. I can do the things I’ve only ever dreamed of doing without fear of judgement. I can new love through the eyes of a character or go on a thrilling chase.
It’s a way of escape for me. A paradise.
I’m not sure if you completely understand where I’m coming from, considering not many people nowadays enjoy books very much anymore but if you have the time, pick up a book from your local library or nearest bookstore and just immerse yourself completely in the story. It’s worth it. Trust me.
Or, if you don’t want to read a physical book, you could always get an ebook or even go on Wattpad and read some great stories written by people like you and me. It’s also a great platform to meet new people and maybe, you’ll even write your own story there one day (*cough* promo *cough*)
If you want book recommendations, here they are! They’re my all time favourite books or just books I thoroughly enjoyed reading, both published and Wattpad ones.
My favourites (in no particular order):
- The Selection Series by Kiera Cass
- Paper Towns by John Green
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (do we spot a trend here haha)
- Let it Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle and Maureen Johnson
- Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
- The Testing Trilogy by Joelle Charbonneau
And now my Wattpad favourites:
- A Proscriptive Relationship by Jordan Lynde (XxSkater2GirlxX)
- Love at Last Sight by Jordan Lynde
- Finding Love in a Coffee Shop by Jordan Lynde
- Hired to Love by Jordan Lynde (ongoing)
- Paper Sails by Em Slough (emslough)
- Press Play by Em Slough (emslough)
- Windswept by Gwen Cole (wildgreenskittle)
- Stolen by Arielle C. (sochill)
- Like Yesterday by Freesia Lockheart (crossroad)
- Memories by Kazue Tsubasa (PurpleCielo1117) [Love you <3]
- Saving Elliot by Rose (northbynorth)
Of course, there are so many more books that I absolutely enjoy reading but I hope this is enough to start you off.
And now, I’ll be off to read (The Story of Us by Dani Atkins, in case you’re wondering). Bye everyone. Happy reading.