Hey guys! I hope you’re having an awesome week. Now, a very forgetful me completely forgot that I meant to post this blog post the same time as my travel diary (which is montage of what I did throughout the trip and you can watch below!) so I’m here now, posting this a week late. Sorry about that guys.

So I went to Singapore last month during my holidays for about 5 days and it was honestly so much fun. I enjoyed seeing parts of Singapore that I’ve never previously visited and just spending some time with my family, having not seen them for about half a year.

Day 1

So we arrived at Changi at around noon and went to the hotel and checked in and all that good stuff. We stayed at Hotel Grand Pacific which is located in the heart (or near there anyway) of Singapore at Victoria Street. It’s a very convenient location as it’s just about a 3 to 5 minute walk to the MRT station and several shopping centres, including Bugis Junction and Bugis+ and Raffles Place (which is slightly further).


We rested and freshened up in our room for about an hour before heading out with a destination in mind: Merlion Park. Believe or not, despite the many times I’ve been to Singapore, I’ve never actually been to the Merlion Park. Or maybe I have but I just can’t remember.

The bed in our hotel room ft a wild handbag

But first up, we made a detour to a street market near our hotel. I’m not sure what’s the name of the street market but it’s opposite Bugis Street. We walked for a bit and looked at some of the stuff on sale and got some ice cream waffles.

Because mint chocolate chip is awesome

I went for a mint chocolate chip one while my brother went for a classic vanilla flavoured one.

My goofy little brother and his ice cream

Then it was to go to the Merlion Park.

We went via the MRT and got off at Raffles Place station. It was a rather long walk from the Merlion Park but, to be honest, I’m glad we got off there. The view outside was absolutely stunning.



We walked along the river and towards the Fullerton Hotel, which looks incredible on the outside. We didn’t go in though, but I’m sure it looks amazing on the inside as well. Here are some pictures of my brother and I around the area.


Facing the bank with all the tall buildings and stuff
My brother and I outside the hotel



Across the bridge is a really nice and lush lawn with some huge metal ball bearings. We played with the ball bearings for a while as they were practically huge mirrors, albeit full of smudges, before sitting on the lawn and chilling.

The huge ball bearings with my brother as size comparison
A cheeky picture I snuck while my brother was fooling around
And that’s me ft my Ed Sheeran shirt, camera and mum (to the left)
And here’s a family selfie. Without my dad though because he couldn’t make it sadly
Having some down time on the lawn

Once we were tired of sitting around (ironic isn’t it), we headed across yet another bridge and towards the Merlion Park.

You can see the Singapore Flyer in the distance

There were so many people that day! I think it’s highly because both Singapore and Malaysia (and probably several other countries) were having mid year school holidays. Well, I suppose it wasn’t that crowded. It definitely could’ve been worse.

The Merlion is so magnificent. I honestly was not expecting it to be that big but it was and it looks great.

That’s me hoping I don’t somehow trip all over myself and fall into the water

It was also sunset by the time we got there and it was absolutely gorgeous. The light was reflecting off the Marina Bay Sands and it was so incredibly beautiful. We just sat there in awe of the sight in front of us for about 15 minutes or so. It was breath taking, to say the least.

Isn’t it spectacular?


After that, we went for dinner at Marché Mövenpick at Raffles Place. Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of my dinner (I completely forgot to take pictures of my food throughout the trip so I’m terribly sorry about that) but I had a really nice sirloin steak with potatoes and caesar salad as well as a lemonade. It was a very satisfying meal.

I was so full after and we walked back to the hotel because it wasn’t that far. It was a tiring day but it was also really fun.

Day 2

I’m also really sorry but I kinda forgot to take pictures from this day onwards so a lot of it will be merely a narrative. I did film a decent amount of footage though so you can check out my video to see what I was up to.

My brother and I fooling around on the train on the way to Vivocity

The next day, I met up with a friend (let’s call her Penny too much Girl Online, Angie for convenience sake) and we went to Sentosa. We ate at Vivocity’s Soup Spoon for lunch before taking the Sentosa express to the island. We also bought a ‘Play 5’ package, which entitled us to go to any 5 attractions (aside from Universal, of course) on the island.

We first went to watch a 30-minute condensed version of Journey 2 (based on Jules Verne’s Treasure Island) in 4D. It was actually quite terrifying. I’m not going to say much because I don’t want to spoil it for anyone who is thinking of going. Unfortunately, I can’t watch anything in 3D (as in, use 3D glasses) for an extended period of time so my eyes were really sore after.

Penny and I then went to the aquarium (my mum and brother went to ride the segwey) and even though I’ve been here only last year, it was absolutely incredible. Some of the tanks were huge and the wide array of aquatic creatures really amazes me. We got lost in one of the rooms though and it took us about 15 minutes to figure out where to go from there. In our defence, it was quite a large room.

We went to the Trick Eye Museum next. Once again, I’ve been here in 2015 as well but it was still so much fun. I mean, I love my family and all but going with your friend is always a much different experience.

I’m in the infamous van Gogh painting now!


I’m floating! Tbh it was actually quite scary to get on and off it
I nearly died guys also that leg strengh though


The new Dreamworks logo thing
I’m riding a turtle

Of course, there are more stuff you can take pictures of but once again, I don’t want to spoil too much.

We were supposed to join my mum and brother on the Luge (which is a downhill race kart kinda thing) after but we were running late and so they went on first and by the time we’d arrived, the queue was a whopping 45 minutes long so we decided to bail on it.

We went to the Merlion instead.


There, we enjoyed some super funky music, watched an animation on the legend of the merlion, received a snazzy Merlion souvenir coin which I forgot to take a picture of once again (did you get the reference?) and went to the top of the Merlion to see the absolutely amazing view.


After that, we went to watch the Wings of Time, which is a light show (won’t spoil the story) and it’s so amazing. I filmed a bit of it which you can watch on my vlog if you want. Also, it was sunset when we sat down and it was truly a sight to see (which I also didn’t take a picture of but it’s in my video).

We then headed back to the city. We had ramen at Bugis Junction for dinner before heading back to the hotel for a much needed rest. Yes, Penny stayed overnight at our hotel cause why not right

Day 3

Our agenda for the next two days was to meet up with my mum’s friends. At first I thought it was going to be a huge waiting galore but it turned out nicer than expected.

Penny brought my family to her church, Kingdom City, in the morning. I really enjoyed the service and had a great time there.

We had lunch at a Japanese restaurant for lunch. I had some sushi (duh) and beef sukiyaki nabe (or, at least, I think that’s what I got. I’m sorry guys. I forgot what it’s called!) which was honestly really delicious.

We went back to the hotel afterwards to rest for a bit. Penny’s friends then invited us to catch Finding Dory and so we left my mum and brother to go watch the movie and it was incredible. It was so worth the 10 year wait.

After the movie, it was time to bid Penny farewell. It was really nice catching up with her and meeting some of her friends.

I then took the MRT to Tampines station to meet up with my family. Funny story. I didn’t have small change on me when I was at the station. I only had $10 and $50 notes and the ticket machine only accepted coins, $1 and $5 notes!

I was so close to having a panic attack. You see, I’m an incredibly shy and awkward person and will avoid human contact at all costs unless it’s absolutely necessary.

Unfortunately, it was after office hours (around 5:30pm) and the information counter was not opened so I couldn’t ask them for change. I knew I had literally no other choice than to ask strangers for change and I was so terrified. You have no idea. I had to do it, though, if not I was stuck there.

And so I did. I asked quite a few people, but none of them had change either. I think I had asked about 5 other people and they all said they didn’t have change. Either that or they were just saying that because they didn’t want to entertain me, which is very very possible.

Luckily, about 5 minutes later, a nice couple that I asked actually tried to help me and took out all their coins so that they could change with me. I was so relieved. Like, honestly. You have no idea how relieved I was.

I know this won’t seem like much to a lot of you but to me, that, in itself, is a huge accomplishment, especially since I’m dealing with anxiety (which is a story for another time, when I’m ready, so don’t ask).

So I bought my ticket and caught the train to Tampines, which took around half an hour. We had dinner at a nice restaurant. I ate Mi Rebus (which is basically curry noodles) and it was quite spicy, but it was good.

We then caught the train back to our place, where we window shopped at Sephora (though I didn’t manage to buy anything) before heading back to the hotel for the night.

Day 4

Another day with my mum’s friend!

We got up late and only left the hotel at around 11am, where we took a cab to Raffles Place. We were, ironically, early, so we walked around for a while. We went to Marks and Spencer and picked up some goodies (I bought mini shortbread fingers and mini chocolate chip cookies) and walked around some more.

We ended up in a nice gift shop, where I was completely overwhelmed by everything inside. For one, there was a huge Studio Ghibli (which is an amazing Japanese film studio that you should check out if you don’t already know them) merchandise display in the front of the shop and there were also a lot of cute stationery, which, if you know me, I’m an absolute sucker for.

We then had lunch at a very nice vegan restaurant, where I ate tomato soup and pasta. We went for dessert after and I got a banana split crepe (I think). Afterwards, my mum’s friend brought us to Marina Bay Sands and I got to see the infinity pool, which, in my opinion, is really not as impressive as people make it out to be. The view was incredible though.


We chilled in the bar for a while and I was going to order a virgin mojito, but the bartender said he’ll make me something non alcoholic, which ended up to be a really really nice grapefruit and passionfruit drink. Unfortunately, it was a really hot day, and I had a headache, so I couldn’t enjoy it as much.

We then went to Carlton, where my mum and her friend chatted some more and my brother and I just chilled. This time, I ordered a virgin bloody mary (hey, I love tomato juice okay) and shared some chicken wings with my brother.

At around 8:30pm, we went back to our hotel, where we chilled for the rest of the night.

Day 5

It was time to go home!

We said goodbye to the hotel (not literally) and headed to the airport at around 9am and caught our plane home.

While I had a great time in Singapore, I was also really glad to be going home. It was an exhausting trip but it was so much fun and I really enjoyed myself. I cannot wait to go back.

Fun fact: I met up with a friend after reaching home and we went to do our nails! I wanted to do nail art but we misunderstood the shopkeeper and ended up with gel manis! I still really loved the colour I chose though next time, I’ll be sure to ask for nail art.

Not sure if you can see it, but there’s blue and purple sparkles in the polish

And that was it! That was my trip to Singapore.

I really hope you enjoyed reading this. I can’t wait to do some more travelling and to share more of my adventures with all of you.

Bye guys! Have a great day wherever you are.

Much love,



2 thoughts on “Singapore

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s